The full student council, both Junior and Senior meets at least three times a year, or if possible once a term.
The Junior Council consists of two representatives from each of the Junior classes (from First Year to Third Year), one boy and one girl. These representatives are elected in class, during CSPE class as it links heavily with the key concepts of democracy and rights and responsibilities. Students can let their class representatives know about any suggestions or issues. Two members of the Senior Council, the Junior Council Liaison representatives meet with the representatives regularly and relay their concerns to the Senior Council.
The Senior Council meets once a week, normally at Senior lunch. All members attend. The Senior Council is made up of:
- Six Sixth Year students (four former Fifth Year student members, with two more elected in early September each year)
- Four Fifth Year students
- Two to four Transition a Year students (this varies with the year size)
The Student Council is a very important part of life at John the Baptist C.S. It represents that student body at all major events and consults regularly with management. It was part of a review of each of the policies of the school in 2015/2016.
Some of the activities of the Council:
- Part of the consultation process for school policies
- Represents the school at all major events
Some past achievements:
- Creation of memorial garden and purchase of sundial for garden centre
- Introduction of hot