Study skills is a class offered to 5th and 6th year students. Study Skills are strategies and techniques that enable students to make the most efficient use of their time and ultimately their academic potential. the subject aims to:
- Help students to make more efficient use of their study time… a ‘Study Smart’ approach
- To make the learning process easier
- Help students set realistic learning goals and targets
- Help students retain what you have learned for longer.
- To feel the work and effort involved is worthwhile
During the course of study, students will cover the following areas:
- An appropriate study environment
- Effective time management.
- Effective note taking.
- What type of learner are you (Learning Styles).
- Ways of studying
- Personal well-being and healthy living
- Appropriate levels of rest and relaxation sleep
- Coping with the pressures of school.
- Identifying areas which need to be addressed.
- Managing project work.
- Setting and meeting goals
- Analysing past exam papers and identifying question types.
- Group studying strategies
Study Skills Resources
Long Term Study Plan/ Goal Setting
Weekly Study Timetable