The Special Education Department at John the Baptist CS has organised training for Staff and Parents/Guardians from Middletown Centre for Autism.
The Parent’s/Guardian’s training is due to commence on the 2nd November for 5 weeks. Each session will be two hours long, from 11am to 1pm. Training will take place for Parents in the Community Centre in Herbertstown.
The training schedule is as follows:
- 2nd November – Autism and Social Communication
- 9th November – Autism and Anxiety Management
- 16th November – Autism and the Promotion of Positive Behaviour
- 23rd November – Autism and Life Skills, including Relationships and Sexuality
- 30th November – Autism and Sensory Processing
Due to COVID, numbers for the training will be capped. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 20th October if you are interested in attending the course.
Please find below a link to the Middletown Centre for Autism, with further information and schedules for upcoming courses: https://www.middletownautism.com/
Thank you to our wonderful SEN Department for organising these wonderful events.