The State Examinations Commission introduced a facility in 2018 to allow candidates to pay examination fees or submit an application for an exemption from fees online at fees.exmainations.ie.
An individual letter will be given to each candidate with instructions and a password on how to pay the fee for the exam online. Please follow the instructions on that sheet and if you have any difficulties ring the school.
The closing date for the payment of examination fees is April 30th 2020. However, the school requests that payment be made by Friday 3rd April in order to facilitate the processing of fees and registration.
Fees are as follows
- Leaving Certificate (including Leaving Certificate Applied) €116
- Junior Certificate/ Cycle €109
- Repeat Leaving Certificate €301
Please not that the online payment system requires the full fee at the time of payment.
Consequences for Candidates of Non Payment of Examination Fees
Failure to pay examination fees by the due date may result in the following sanctions.
- Refusal of admission to the Certificate examination.
- Withholding of examination results
- Withholding of the actual examination certificate
- Withholding of results from the CAO
Fees are not refundable
Exemption of Fees for Medical Card Holders
Candidates who hold a full medical card or who are covered for all services or a parent/guardian’s full medical card are not liable for examination fees. Medical cards will be accepted only if valid on or between January 1st 2020 and April 30th 2020
N.B. GP visit cards are NOT eligible for exemption from fees.
See below for a step by step guide to enable you to process the fee by bank card or to be granted a medical card exemption.
Instructions for the online payment of examination fees for Leaving Certificate, Leaviong Certificate Applied and Junior Certificate/ Cycle
If you intend sitting one of these exams in June 2020, please follow these instructions to ensure you have paid for the exam either by bank card or by medical card exemption.
- Google: “State Examinations Commission” and go to examinations.ie.
- On the right-hand side of the homepage, you will see “Fees Portal 2020”
- Click on this and a page will open with 2 options – Bank Card or Medical Card.
- Click on the one appropriate for you and fill in the required information.
- Once you have completed the task, you will receive confirmation of the transaction.
- It is important that you either–
- Forward a screenshot of this confirmation page to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for Junior Cert)
email@example.com (for Leaving Cert/LCA)
- Print the confirmation page and send it in a envelope with your child’s name and examination to Mr. Stack (Junior Cert) or Ms. Berkery (Leaving Cert/ LCA2).
- John the Baptist Community School has to return a list of all payments to the commission so it is essential that you send the confirmation to the school. You should receive a confirmation email from the school account.
- Payment must be made before Friday 3rd of April 2020 to enable the school to complete administration of fees.
- If you have a student doing both Leaving Cert. and Junior Cert., you must send 2 separate emails to the school account – one for each student.
- If you have any problem accessing the SEC site, please contact the school and we may be able to help you.
Ms. Berkery. Mr. Stack
Exam Secretary. Exam Aide.